Do you know exactly and precisely what your life's true calling is?
Is it something that thinking about it makes your heart skip a beat and makes you jump out of bed every morning with crazy enthusiasm to get your party started each and every day?
Does this sound like you? Then I wholeheartedly congratulate you. Because you are a rare breed.
Did you know this is the #1 question people ask themselves about their lives? For most of us our life's true calling eludes us and we meander through our lives looking for meaning and purpose.
This happens especially this time of year because with all the pressures of needing to set and achieve your goals, becoming a top earner, making your rank, hitting your numbers and the ever present knowledge that time is slipping away for us each and every minute – some of us get a little panicky.
So many of us have been so busy earning a living, raising children, supporting a spouse's or a significant others dream and life's calling, caring for aging parents or something other similar distractions that we have short changed ourselves in the personal focus department.
Don't get me wrong – I'm not dissing supporting a loved one's dreams. And raising children is something that is not only soul enriching but shapes and forms you in a very positive way. Caring for aging parents can be all encompassing depending on the situation.
If you are one of the majority of people whose life's true calling has escaped you – don't throw in the towel.
Revealing your life's true calling is the most important work you can do in your life. Without a purpose we are allowing life to live us instead of the other way around. What ends up happening is we live each day unfocused and allow any and every situation that comes up to demand our attention and pull us away from what really matters most.
Along with revealing your life's true calling it is of the utmost importance is that we feel happy. If we are happy everything we do and touch in life magnifies that happiness and brings more of the same to us.
Check out this TEDx talk by Adam Leipzig:
How to know your life purpose in 5 minutes
Here are 7 easy steps to revealing your life's true calling:
1. Make your ordinary day extraordinary – Getting out of your routine, changing your environment, and carving some time for yourself can work wonders. Shifts in perspective, connections and realizations are more easily explored and nurtured when you give yourself the space physically and emotionally.
2. Trust your gut – Paying attention to hunches and taking the time to trust the feelings you have can never be wrong. Those hunches are what will guide you to what aligns perfectly with your soul. At first they will come as a still small voice speaking inside of you. The more you pay attention and listen to it the louder that voice will get. And the more you will be rewarded with the knowledge of what is right and perfect just for you.
3. Implement what you learn – When you start to shake up your routine and start trusting your gut in recognizing what's right for you it will mean nothing if you do not act upon what you have learned. For example, you may realize, as I did years ago, you really are great at helping people solve problems in the work you are currently involved in contrary to believing you did not like people before. Yes I know it sounds odd but this really was a big discovery of my own. When you make your discovery be sure to start to practice what you learned – if it scares you at first start small and build up until you are comfortable with your practice. Believe me you will be in shock and awe at how your life will change for the positive.
4. Get back to where you once belonged – Going back in the past and thinking about times when you were the most happiest and your heart sang with joy is a huge indicator of where to look for your life's true calling. Sometimes because of an interruption in our lives we gave up practices that we enjoyed and let life take us on it's own journey instead of the other way around. Maybe you played an instrument when you were younger and because your parents could not afford to continue with music lessons you were forced to give it up. Think back to those times and see what you can come up with.
5. Make your discoveries a priority – It is one thing to implement what you learned – it is another thing to make them a priority. Along with the implementation of your discoveries – be sure you make them non negotiable in your everyday routine. There will always be distractions but don't set yourself up and get lost in other peoples priorities. Be of service to others but take care of yourself first.
6. Minimize distractions – Some of you may think this is a lot like #5 but I'm talking about something different here so please hear me out. What I mean by distractions are things that fill in the void in our lives in an unhealthy way such as excessive alcohol consumption, overeating or the consumption of unhealthy foods, impulsive or aggressive behavior, using narcotics or substance abuse to name a few. We do these things because we are missing out of something meaningful in our lives and what I am talking about in this blog post is making discoveries that get you back to your true self – the essence of who you are. For instance this is the first writing I have done in many months other than journaling but I absolutely love to write. So why did I get away from what I loved? I have an inkling but it's my journey and an interesting one at that!
7. Have patience – While working these steps be sure to remember this and I will use the old quote “Rome was not built in a day” . Therefore rest assured this is not something that will be completely transparent to you in a day or even a few weeks. But if you take the time and become diligent in using these 7 easy steps to reveal your life's true calling you will be amazed at how much will start to come to you at first slowly and steadily and then with greater consistency and substance.
I hope you enjoyed this post on Reveal Your Life's True Calling In 7 Easy Steps.
If you enjoyed it please feel free to comment and share.
Connect with me through social media by using the links below.
Attract More People, Generate More Business
And Create A Life Of Freedom
Connect with me on FACEBOOK
Connect with me on TWITTER
Connect with me on YOUTUBE
PS – and if you are looking to get more leads, sales, signups, clients and cashflow CLICK HERE for more info.